We have a letter form Laura Rutter in Alberta, who
conducts several programs with EarthFoot, proposing workstay under the following
- Kind of work: hiking guide (day trips) and general maintenance
- Time-frame: 4 months
- Offering: Room and board, use of the company vehicle
- Not included: extra-curricular entertainment (i.e., nights in town),
transportation to Edmonton (nearest international airport), personal gear (hiking boots,
- Discomforts/dangers: rustic staff accommodations (camp trailer), bear
encounters, CWM weather (cold, wet, miserable)
- Kind of person: one, outdoor oriented, physically active, good people skills
(I can teach the particulars of hiking/trails/flora and fauna to the right person)
- Behaviors not welcome: No drugs, social alcohol consumption (limited)
- Insurance: Person should have a valid International Driver's License and carry
their own medical insurance. The 'Escape covers general liability.
- Expiration date: Offer good for the summer season of 2003 (June through
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have this letter from Kurt Schmack at La Laguna del Lagarto Lodge where
EarthFoot host Oscar Enrique Artavia Munguia offers his program:
We would like to post for volunteer worker under the following conditions:
1) Kind of work:
- To guide tourists on forest walks and boat tours.
- To assist the managment in the bar and restaurant service
2) Volunteer should be able to stay for a period of 6-9 weeks
3) We offer free room, board and laundry service. Room directly at the lodge.
4) Not included: Transportation from/to country of origin. Insurance
5) Candidate should have basic knowledge and interest in tropical biology and
ornithology. He/She should be between 20-35 years old. He/She should be able to make
long walks in hot humid weather, and in some times steep terrain. He/She should be able to
live in an isolated place.
6) Offer all year long.
7) Contact: La Laguna del Lagarto Lodge: Kurt Schmack
With best regards,
La Laguna del Lagarto Lodge
Sanjay in Orissa on India's eastern coast offers
EarthFoot's innovative "Eco-Ethno Spirituality with the
Rangers Backpacker Community near Puri" program. He writes us:
I am looking for people who can design beach trekking and bushwalking trails, look
after the coffee shop, train us about surfing. The time of stay depends upon the visitor.
I offer free stay and food (like lunch and dinner only). There are risk of mosquitos,
insects only. I am looking for freethinkers and nature lovers. Alcohol is prohibited. Rest